[Note from Future Krixwell: For a long time, I’ve wanted to add a disclaimer before this chapter – please bear with past me’s negativity in this chapter. I got off on the wrong foot, judged the story too harshly on things that were heavily affected by the change of pacing brought on by liveblogging, and generally was a lot less receptive than I should’ve been. I swear I get a lot better about it in 1.2 and beyond.]
Source material: Worm, Gestation 1.1
Originally blogged: January 19, 2017.
I’m not a stranger to the ways of liveblogging. I’ve liveblogged a little in the past, including some of the very latest Homestuck updates, Earthbound (incomplete) and a couple agonizing hours of Episode. Choose Your Adventure (grooan), as well as talking about some games/fics/series in group chats while consuming them (”livechatting”, I guess). I also know several livebloggers, follow many more, and act as the ask screener for one of them.
I also want to preface this with a disclaimer: I’m not all that good at keeping my projects alive. It’s quite possible that this blog is going to go silent from time to time, or die completely. All we can do is see what happens.
Finally, here’s what I know about Worm going in:
1. It’s a web serial that ran from June 2011 to November 2013.
2. It’s frequently recommended to existing livebloggers as future liveblog material. This is one of the reasons I’m doing this – there’s got to be a reason it’s so frequently recommended.
3. “It’s really good (IMHO), but it’s still a first draft, and it’s really dark-toned.”
4. “But don’t worry, the story shifts from the hellish landscape of high school to the more uplifting bombed-out city fairly quickly.”
5. It contains a fair amount of potentially triggering material.
And that’s it. I guess it’s time to do this thing!